From 2006 all passports are issued in Dominica. Applications are processed at the High Commission in London and are transmitted to the Passport Office in Dominica for printing. Passports are returned to the High Commission for collection/despatch.
Completed Application Form [ downloadable form]
The photos shall not be more than six months old and shall be 45mm in height x 38mm in width or (1 3/4" x 1 1/2"). The image shall be 3 to 5mm from the top edge and 10 to 12mm from the bottom edge and show a close-up of the applicant's head and the top of the shoulders. The face shall look directly at the camera with both ears showing and shall take up 70-80 percent of the vertical dimension of the picture.
Photos should be printed on high quality paper with high resolution.
Photo should neither be over exposed nor under exposed. No shadows.
Background colours should be white, Light Grey, Light Blue, Light Brown, Beige.
There must be contrast between image and background, e.g. No white shirt on white background etc.
No sleeveless or tank tops. Chest area must be covered.
No bold prints, or military shirts or camouflage.
No shades or sun glasses, No light reflections on glasses.
No head covering except in case of Muslims.
Facial expression must be neutral. (Person may smile but mouth must not be open)
Original and copy of birth certificate or original certificate of naturalisation
First time applicants, must be interviewed. Applicants should call the High Commission on +44 (0) 20 7370 5194 to arrange an appoinment.
Persons collecting passports on behalf of an applicant must have a written notarized order (done in the presence of a Notary Public) from the applicant. This applies even if the person brought in the application on behalf of the applicant.
Signature at Section 7:
Applicants are now required to have their signature on the ‘declaration’ at Section 7 of the passport application form, notarized or witnessed by a Notary Public or by an authorised person at the Dominica High Commission.
Persons applying for the new machine readable passports for the first time, must submit along with their application, an original and photocopy of their birth certificate.
Requirements on applying for a new passport on the grounds that the previous passport has been lost, stolen or damaged:
• A certificate from the police reporting loss of passport. An official English translation of police report is required where applicable.
• A report must be lodged with the Police in the Commonwealth of Dominica, Police Headquarters, Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica, Telephone +1 767 448 2222, Facsimile +1 767 4486204; Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write the name of the officer to whom the report was made on the passport application form at Section 10.
• A statutory declaration to that effect, witnessed by a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths (copy of sample declaration can be obtained from the High Commission or downloaded here).
This section must be completed by an acceptable person, who has known the applicant for a least 2 years. Acceptable professions are listed on the front of the applicant form.
• Original copy of applicant’s birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalisation (where applicable)
• Completed passport application form (downloadable form)
• Cost to replace lost/stolen/damaged passport: £175, plus £6.50 for postage within the UK and £10.00 outside the UK.
All documents must be in English. Documents in another language must be accompanied with an official English translation.
To avoid delay applicants are asked to make payments by Postal Orders when applying through the post. Postal Orders or cheques should be made payable to the Dominica High Commission.
| || Adult|| Child|
| If collected at the office|| £75.00|| £50.00|
| When sent by registered post within the UK|| £85.00|| £60.00|
| When sent by registered post outside the UK|| £90.00|| £65.00|
| Lost/stolen/damaged passports|| £175.00|| £175.00|
For more information please contact:
The Dominica High Commission
1 Collingham Gardens
London SW5 0HW
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7370 5194
Fax: + 44 (0) 20 7373 8743
Passport and Immigration Department
Commonwealth of Dominica
Telephone: (767) 266-5159
Fax: (767) 448-6204